lördag 30 juli 2011

11 - Saying goodbye to Yalambojoch

Once again it is night. Even later than before, and I got lots to do tomorrow. But this might be one of the last, if not the last, update I will be writing here in Guatemala, because after this weekend I will be going from one place to another all week until taking the plane back to Sweden.

I've been partying around a bit since yesterday with the people I've met here, as the teachers of the school went home for the weekend. We had a really great meal, and after some fixing of computers I managed to get some music going from Rosa's (one of the Spaniards) USB. After “dancing” a bit on the kitchen floor they asked (ordered) me to sing some songs with my guitar, and managed to play at least one out of two songs pretty well. Got Alfonso to dance as well!

And today, after having my last lesson with my private student, Pascual, he showed us (after I had asked him to earlier this week), a local band which played in one of the churches. It is so that the bands here seem to always play in churches, and I also think every church has its own band. Pretty funny. Anyhow, we had a great time there, and I got to play some guitar as well with the band which was quite fun. They seemed really impressed by my guitar and gathered around it after the show, and were pretty amazed when I told them the price I paid for it in Sweden. And, well, it's actually a pretty cheap guitar, but I guess they don't have many guitar shops here.

After the concert (or whatever it was), Pascual helped me find the way back home as it was really dark and I didn't have a flash light. And, after the drunkard that had followed us said goodbye, I took farewell of my student. It was quite a sad moment, as you might imagine, since I don't know when or even if I will be coming back here. Not at all like it was in Peru, where it had not been as personal. Also when I said goodbye to the Spaniards I felt like I'm really going to miss this place, even just after a month. Inside it feels like I've been here longer, and the last two weeks seem like months.

To be honest, Sweden feels like a completely different world from here. I simply cannot imagine myself being in Stockholm right now, with all the stressed up people, all the luxurious materialistic stuff. All the safety. And good foods. It feels like that part of me is in another life, unknowing about places like these. Which I guess is a bit true, considering the difference in time, and the fact that I've learned so much here – from washing clothes by hand to planning lessons, from cooking Spanish tortillas to learning Chuj culture, and in between it all a lot of Spanish practising. And lots more, surely making this the trip full of life-experience that I had hoped for. To say the least.

So now, we'll see how long it will take until I can mentally land in Stockholm. Probably I will be flying around in the air long after my physical body has arrived into the city life again. I just hope the silent, Swedish bus drivers won't be mad if I start saying “Buenos días!” every time I step on.

Good night!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar